OBDII decode chip: Microchip PIC18F2580 (ELM327 compatible)
Firmware: Version 1.5
Transfer baud rate: baudrate 4800 / 9600 / 10400 / 38400 / 250Kb / 500Kb
Input interface: OBDII male 16pin
Output interface: USB 2.0
Indicator LED: OBD Tx (yellow) /Rx (green), PC RS232 Tx/Rx, Power (red)
Operating Voltage: 12V, including over voltage /shortage protection
Nominal Idle current: 45mA
Net Weight: 120g
Wire Length: 175cm
Power: supplied by car OBD socket
1. Plug the OBDII male interface connector into Car OBDII female socket,
2. The other end of the interface plug into computer USB port.
3. Insert car key and switch to [ACC] Accessory ON position for static data reading,
4. You may switch to [Start] position to read more dynamic data readings.
5. Unplug the USB cable from PC first when finish diagnose, it may corrupt device driver on some PC.
6. If so, simply re-install the driver again.
ISO 15765-4 (CAN-B 125Kbps, started since 2003 in USA)
ISO 15765-4 (CAN-C 500Kbs, 11bit ID, 29bit ID, started since 2003 in USA)
ISO 14230-4 (KWP2000)
ISO 9141-2 (5 baud init. 10.4 kbaud, replaced by 14230-4 gradually, stopped in USA in 2008)
SAE J1850 VPW (10.4 kbaud, replaced by 14230-4 gradually, stopped in USA in 2008)
SAE J1850 PWM (41.6 kbaud, replaced by 14230-4 gradually, stopped in USA in 2008)
SAE J1939 the Data link connector standard
Protocols not supported:
ISO 11898 (CAN, 250kbit/s)
Applicable vehicle types/brands in general:
Europe 2001.01~ Gas vehicle
Europe 2004.01~ Diesel vehicle
USA 1996.01~ Gas passenger vehicle
USA 1996.01~ Light duty truck
Japan 2006~ Toyota, Nissan, Suzuki
Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Chevy, Chrysler, Citroen, Dodge, Fiat, Ford, Geo, GMC, Honda, Hyundai, Isuzu, Jeep, Kia, Land-Rover, Mazda, Mercury, GM, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Opel, Peugeot, Renault, Saturn, Saab, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Volkswagen, Volvo, Can-bus enabled vechicles
1. Read more than 3000 car manufacturers' stand & private diagnostic trouble codes (DTC).
2. Clear DTC, turn off dashboard MIL "Check Engine" Light
3. Display sensor data, including: Engine RPM, Load, Coolant Temperature, Fuel Status, Vehicle speed, Intake Manifold ressure (MAF/MAP), Timing Advance, Intake Air Temperature, Air Flow Rate, Absolute Throttle Position, Oxygen sensor voltage /short term fuel trim, Fuel Pressure & etc.
4. ELM327 1.4 / 1.4b /1.5 updates:
Supports ISO 15765-4 CAN, SAE J1850 PWM, SAE J1850 VPW, ISO 9141-2, ISO 14230-4 and SAE J1939 protocols.
In addition, two generic CAN protocols can be customized by the user for use with audio data busses, special OBD implementations, etc. Power Control provides a low power standby mode. There's a 4800 baud ISO option.A non-volatile memory location for storing user data.There's CAN extended addressing support for looking at low speed CAN data.
You can now perform ISO/KWP bus initializations without having to send a request.An SS command allows searching through the OBD protocols sequentially.A new TA command allows the Tester Address to be easily changed.Factory calibration for the voltage reading circuit can be easily restored.
ELM327 USB Driver:
1. FTDI FT232R, USB to UART driver
2. USB serial port driver
3. Connect ELM327 to PC USB port, point install folder to "USB Driver", wizard will install the driver automatically.
4. Confirm driver installation on Windows: Control Panel-> System-> Hardware-> Device Manager-> (COM and LPT)-> USB Serial Port (COM X)
Free software can be downloaded from original software company like:-
Win 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7 softwares:
1. Scantool 1.13 (free)
2. Scantool 1.21 (free)
3. Easy OBDII 2.4.0 (free)
4. OBD2Crazy wOBD 1.40 (free)
5. OBD2 spy 2.06 (demo)
6. OBD-Diag 1.01 (free)
7. FiatECUScan (free).
Location: Butterworth, Penang
Package - OBDII ELM327 USB Diagnostic Interface x 1
For inquiries & order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org